[Arabidopsis] Landsberg erecta and kanamycin

Tine Beunens via arab-gen%40net.bio.net (by tine.beunens At psb.ugent.be)
Mon Nov 13 08:53:35 EST 2006

Dear all,

I have a T-DNA insertion line in the ecotype Landsberg erecta. I seem
unable to select these plants on kanamycin though.
All of my wild type Ler continue to grow on kanamycin, while Col0
plants, which I put on the same plate as a test, are staying small and
are clearly sensitive.
I am using MS medium with 0.75% plantagar. The problem is not the
kanamycin or the plates (since Col0 are sensitive).
All of my transgenic plants are also staying alive, while I didn't
expect all of them to be homo- and heterozygous for the insert.
Has anybody had a similar experience with the Landsberg erecta ecotype
(all Kana-segregation is going fine with Col0 ecotpye)

Kind regards,

Tine

Tine Beunens 				       Tel: 32 (0)9 3313922
DEPARTMENT OF PLANT SYSTEMS BIOLOGY            Fax:32 (0)9 3313809
GHENT UNIVERSITY/VIB,    Technology Park 927, B-9052 Gent, Belgium
Vlaams Interuniversitair Instituut voor Biotechnologie         VIB
mailto:tine.beunens At psb.ugent.be                  http://www.psb.ugent.be