[Arabidopsis] postdoctoral position in chromatin remodeling

Doris Wagner via arab-gen%40net.bio.net (by wagnerdo At sas.upenn.edu)
Tue Nov 14 13:34:21 EST 2006

Please distribute this message on to anyone who may be interested

A post-doctoral position is available to study chromatin remodeling in
the laboratory of Dr. Doris Wagner in the Department of Biology at the
University of Pennsylvania in Philadelphia.

SWI/SNF chromatin remodeling ATPases are important transcriptional
co-regulators in multicellular eukaryotes. The precise role of these
proteins in the organism has remained poorly understood because null
mutants in most are embryonic lethal. Recently, we isolated viable
SWI/SNF ATPase null mutants in Arabidopsis. Our studies revealed that
these chromatin remodelers regulate multiple developmental pathways. In
addition we observed a remarkable degree of functional specificity for
SWI/SNF chromatin remodeling in individual developmental processes.

This postdoctoral position is to extend these studies and to address the
following two central questions:
• what are the developmentally important targets of SWI/SNF ATPases in
the organism?
• what is the precise mechanism by which SWI/SNF ATPases control their
target genes in vivo?
The qualified candidate is expected to use and develop state-of-the art
forward/reverse genetic and genomic approaches to address these
questions. Individuals with experience in these approaches are strongly
encouraged to apply.

To apply please send a CV and three reference letters via email to
wagnerdo At sas.upenn.edu.

--
Doris Wagner
Department of Biology, 201 Mudd