[Arabidopsis] Post-doc position

venug at ucr.edu venug at ucr.edu
Tue Oct 3 15:33:40 EST 2006

A post-doctoral position is available in the laboratory of Dr. Venugopala Reddy
in the Department of Botany and Plant Sciences and Center for Plant Cell Biology
(CEPCEB), University of California, Riverside, CA.

Our lab is interested in studying the regulatory interactions underlying stem-cell
maintenance in the Arabidopsis shoot apex. Shoot meristem stem-cell niche
represents an interacting network of cells in which growth and differentiation
are dynamically regulated. We combine transient perturbation and live-imaging
techniques to study spatio-temporal dynamics of regulatory interactions (Reddy
and Meyerowitz, Science 310, 663-667 (2005);  Reddy et al., Development 131,
4225 (2004). We also combine transient perturbation methods and microarray
technologies to elucidate underlying genetic networks.

Individuals with experience in molecular biology/microarrays and confocal
microscopy are strongly encouraged to apply.

To apply please forward your CV, and contact information and three references
via email to venug at ucr.edu or for more information please call (951) 827-3482.

Information of about the department is available at http://
www.plantbiology.ucr.edu/ (see also http://www.cepceb.ucr.edu/).  The
University of California, Riverside has an active career partner program, and is
an affirmative action equal opportunity employer committed to excellence
through diversity.