[Arabidopsis] Bowdoin College Position

Bruce Kohorn via arab-gen%40net.bio.net (by bkohorn at bowdoin.edu)
Mon Oct 9 11:53:29 EST 2006

DEVELOPMENTAL BIOLOGY
Tenure-track Position
Bowdoin College

The Biology Department at Bowdoin College invites applications for a
tenure-track position in Developmental Biology at the Assistant
Professor level beginning Fall 2007. We are seeking candidates who
will demonstrate excellence in both teaching and research.
Postdoctoral experience preferred. Typical teaching responsibilities
each year include one laboratory course in developmental biology
(with a lab instructor), one course at the non-majors or introductory
biology level and one advanced course in one's area of research. The
successful applicant is expected to pursue an active research program
that involves undergraduates.

Review of applications will begin November 1, 2006 and will continue
until the position is filled. Please send a curriculum vitae and a
description of your research interests and teaching philosophy, and
arrange to have three letters of reference sent to: Search Committee
Chair, Biology Department, 6500 College Station, Bowdoin College,
Brunswick, ME 04011-8465. For further information about the college,
the department, and the program, please see our website:
http://academic.bowdoin.edu/biology/

Bowdoin College is committed to equality through affirmative action
and is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage inquiries from
candidates who will enrich and contribute to the cultural and ethnic
diversity of our college. Bowdoin College does not discriminate on
the basis of age, race, creed, color, religion, marital status,
gender, sexual orientation, veteran status, national origin, or
disability status in employment, or in our education programs.

--
Bruce D. Kohorn
Chair, Biology Department