[Arabidopsis] request for information on gene/locus

md hussain via arab-gen%40net.bio.net (by md_hussain_2000 from yahoo.com)
Wed Oct 18 23:48:00 EST 2006

Dear Arabidopsis users,
  Good mrning to you all. I have a doubt. This is with particular reference to arabidopsis genomic data information  ar TAIR website. What is a difference between a locus name and gene anme? Because we can find a allele at a particular locus. Then why to use/give different/ separate  locus and gene names?
  Thanking you in advance for your help.