[Arabidopsis] Postdoctoral Research Associate & Part time Research Technician job posting

Devoto Alessandra via arab-gen%40net.bio.net (by Alessandra.Devoto from rhul.ac.uk)
Mon Oct 23 12:29:29 EST 2006

To whom it may concern,

I would be really grateful, if you would you be so kind to disseminate this advert for the two posts (one full time Post Doctoral Research Associate and one part time Research Technician) I am advertising. The advert follows below.

Many Thanks,

Alessandra

Alessandra Devoto Ph.D.
Senior Lecturer
School of Biological Sciences
Royal Holloway - University of London
Egham Hill, Egham, Surrey, TW20 0EX, UK.
Email: Alessandra.Devoto from rhul.ac.uk
Phone (office): +44(0)1784 443184
           (lab):      +44(0)1784 414328
Fax +44 (0)1784 414224

ROYAL HOLLOWAY
University of London

School of Biological Sciences
Centre for Plant Molecular Sciences

Applications are invited for two posts for the research project "Establish the link between Jasmonate Signalling and Cell Cycle" in the group of Dr. Alessandra Devoto.

Post 1: Full time Postdoctoral Research Associate (ref KB/4658):
This position attracts a salary of £22,779 - £33,036 per annum inclusive of London allowance.

Post 2: Part time (17.5 hrs per week) Research Technician (ref. KB/4659):
This position attracts a salary of £9,601 - £11,173 per annum inclusive of London allowance.

Both posts are for three years duration. Prior experience of molecular and cell biology (post 2) as well as microarray analysis (post 1) would be an advantage.

In this BBSRC funded project in a targeted approach, a combination of molecular biology with physiological, biochemical and cell biology approaches will be used to establish the role of JA signalling components in cell cycle in Arabidopsis. In a functional genomics approach we will also investigate the role of cell cycle regulators in JA-mediated stress and development.

Informal enquires to Alessandra Devoto are welcome, email: Alessandra.Devoto from rhul.ac.uk; tel +44(0)1784 443184.

Further details and an application form are available from the Personnel Department, Royal Holloway, University of London, Egham, Surrey TW20 0EX; tel: 01784 414241; fax: 01784 473527; email: recruitment from rhul.ac.uk . Please quote the relevant reference number.

Link to http://www.rhul.ac.uk/Personnel/JobVacancies.htm

The closing date for receipt of applications for both positions is Midday, 16th November 2006.

We positively welcome applications from all sections of the community