[Arabidopsis] Re: Common name capital 'A' or small 'a'?

Terry Delaney terrence.delaney at uvm.edu
Fri Sep 8 09:39:36 EST 2006

Dear chrday,

Thanks for your note and for posting the earlier comments from Tobias
Baskin and the PMBR.  I have felt awkward in our past writings to use
Arabidopsis as the common name for A. thaliana, so was happy to read
some thoughtful commentary on the issue.  I also talked to a seasoned
systemicist in my department who said that Baskin was exactly correct
in his view that arabidopsis should not be capitalized.  So, I will no
longer feel awkward and use arabidopsis as the common name, and
hopefully journal editors will agree to a common treatment of this
issue.

Best regards,  -Terry Delaney
The University of Vermont