[Arabidopsis] Re: Any suggestions pls....

eifionlewis from hotmail.com via arab-gen%40net.bio.net (by eifionlewis from hotmail.com)
Sun Apr 1 09:59:31 EST 2007

It wouldn't be certain until you sequenced the region where the insert
lays, but it may be that your insert has disrupted a part of the gene
promoter that controls expression (keeping it low), allowing the gene
to be expressed at a higher level in mutants. If this is the case then
you could carry out some interesting experiments to characterise the
promoter region, which would be a valuable set of information.

Eifion Lewis