[Arabidopsis] MS Plate Contamination

Heather Babka via arab-gen%40net.bio.net (by hbabka from iastate.edu)
Tue Apr 24 16:40:37 EST 2007

Hello,

I am trying to select T1 plants on MS plates with 30ug/mL Hygromycin.  It
seems that all of this newly collected seed is contaminated with bacteria
(Agro?).  Is there anything I can add to the media that would kill the
Agrobacteria, but not harm the plants?  Currently I sterilize with 50%
Bleach + 0.02% Triton.  I tried adding a 70% Ethanol wash but that did not
help.

Thanks,
Heather

--