[Arabidopsis] Microarray Workshop in Tucson, Arizona

David Galbraith via arab-gen%40net.bio.net (by galbraith from arizona.edu)
Tue Aug 7 12:13:55 EST 2007

EIGHTH INTERNATIONAL LONG-OLIGONUCLEOTIDE
MICROARRAY WORKSHOP

January 6-11, 2008
The University of Arizona
Tucson, Arizona

This workshop will comprise a combination of lectures and hand-on
laboratory sessions. The participants will primarily employ
Arabidopsis and maize (plant side) and human, bovine and
porcine (animal side)  whole genome 70-mer oligonucleotide
microarrays in their laboratory work (for details of the plant arrays see
http://www.ag.arizona.edu/microarray and
http://www.maizearray.org/.

The workshop will be divided into two parts: Part I (Sunday 4PM to
Wednesday 5PM) will cover wet-lab aspects of microarray target
production and amplification, microarray hybridization, and scanning.
Part II (all day, Thursday and Friday) will concentrate on data extraction,
statistical analysis, and experimental design. Together these topics
are aimed at the goal of the participants obtaining optimal results using
oligonucleotide-based microarrays. Part II may be taken separately.

Specific topics to be covered include:

* Experimental design.
* Probe preparation and microarray printing.
* Microarray rehydration and probe immobilization.
* Target preparation, including RNA extraction, direct and indirect
labeling, and amplification techniques.
* Microarray hybridization.
* Array scanning and data extraction.
* Data analysis and archiving.

Registration (Part I plus Part II) is $675, which includes costs of
the microarrays and other supplies that you will use.
Part II registration only is $275. Part I participants will be
limited to 30 on a first-come, first-serve basis. Overall
participation will be limited to 40 individuals.

Note:  There are a number of airline connections from
Tucson to San Diego on Friday evening, allowing
workshop participants convenient access to the Plant
and Animal Genome XVI Meeting (January 12-16).

For further details and to register, please contact
David Galbraith (galbraith from arizona.edu)

David W. Galbraith
Professor of Plant Sciences and The Bio5 Institute
University of Arizona
Department of Plant Sciences
303 Forbes Building
Tucson Arizona 85721 USA