[Arabidopsis] Post doctoral position available

Karen Schumaker via arab-gen%40net.bio.net (by schumake from Ag.arizona.edu)
Thu Aug 9 17:31:46 EST 2007

I would like to post the following job announcement to the Arabidopsis net.
Thank you.

Karen S. Schumaker

Department of Plant Sciences

University of Arizona

Tucson, AZ 85721

(520) 621-9635

A postdoctoral associate position is available at the University of Arizona
as part of a Department of Energy-funded project to study endogenous
programs that control plant growth and development and how those programs
are altered to enable the plant to grow in non-optimal (abiotic stress)
conditions (http://www.ag.arizona.edu/research/schumaker/).  A major focus
of our work is to understand the roles of the Calcineurin B-Like calcium
binding proteins and their target Calcineurin B-Like interacting protein
kinases in the establishment of developmental specificity during
calcium-mediated signaling in Arabidopsis.  We are looking for a highly
motivated individual with a Ph.D. degree and a demonstrated ability to carry
out outstanding research in the fields of plant biology, genetics or related
disciplines.  Proven experience with molecular biology techniques and
demonstrated skills in written and oral communication are essential
qualifications.  Ability to interact and work collaboratively with others is
also critical. The position is available November 1, 2007.

To apply, send a curriculum vitae and the names and contact information
(address, phone, fax and e-mail) for three references to Karen Schumaker,
Ph.D. (schumake from ag.arizona.edu), Dept. of Plant Sciences, University of
Arizona, Tucson, Arizona 85721-0036, United States. FAX 520-621-7186.  The
University of Arizona is an EEO/AA Employer-M/W/D.V.