[Arabidopsis] DEX-induced Chua Plasmid

Dr. James J. Campanella via arab-gen%40net.bio.net (by james.campanella from montclair.edu)
Thu Aug 16 13:26:07 EST 2007

Hello everyone,

I posted this same question to the methods mailing list  a couple of
days ago, and although I got some really interesting information, no
one could really answer the question. So, here it goes again:

Has anyone out there used Nam-Hai Chua's Dex-inducible plant
expression vector (pTA7001) with Medicago truncatula? Chua himself
does not seem to know whether or not it works with the species. I
just want to be reassured before I go to the great trouble of
obtaining and implementing this particular plasmid. One worry that a
responder passed along is that there might be an endogenous chemical
background in legumes that causes background induction, although this
is unconfirmed for Medicago. Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Jim

James J. Campanella,
Associate Professor,
Department of Biology and Molecular Biology
Montclair State University
1 Normal Avenue
Montclair, NJ 07043

Alternate email address: jcamp from alumni.uchicago.edu

Ph: 973-655-4097
Fax: 973-655-7047