[Arabidopsis] Gus assay

senani dayabandara via arab-gen%40net.bio.net (by senanid2003 from yahoo.com)
Mon Aug 20 23:37:36 EST 2007

Dear all,

I am performing Gus assay for my pcr confirmed transgenic plants.

I have ordered for x gluc from a local company and they have delivered x glucoside (5-Bromo-4-chloro-3-indolyl-b-D-glucopyranoside) which is apparantly the substrate for b-glucosidase.
However one catelogue had it under the heading "other Glucoronides". However it wasn't under Glucosides or X Gluc.
Some of my controls turner slightly blue with it. But I am not sure whether it is due to a contamination. Transgenics gave an intense blue colour.

Do all plants have b-glucosidase? Then I will have to get X gluc again which takes another 3-4 months with the rather diffcult ordering procedure in our university.
Can I use x glucoside  for another purpose?

If anyone knows anything about this issue it would be a great help to me.

Thank you.

Best regards,

Senani
Department of Plant sciences