[Arabidopsis] RE: Arabidopsis Proteomics - New Resources Webpage

Nicholas Provart via arab-gen%40net.bio.net (by nicholas.provart from utoronto.ca)
Thu Aug 30 12:19:16 EST 2007

Hello everyone,

Thanks to Joanna to calling your attention to the new webpage for
Arabidopsis proteomics resources at http://www.masc-proteomics.org/. Just a
couple of additions to her post.

One, our Arabidopsis Interactions Viewer (AIV) at the Bio-Array Resource at
www.bar.utoronto.ca (or linked through the masc-proteomics website) has been
published ahead of print in Plant Physiology at
http://dx.doi.org/10.1104/pp.107.103465. It not only contains a predicted
interactome for Arabidopsis based on orthology to interacting proteins in
fly, worm, yeast and human, but also almost 1500 literature-documented
interactions for Arabidopsis proteins from the BIND Resource and also from
other recent literature (e.g. from a study earlier this year from the
Dinesh-Kumar and Snyder labs at Yale using Arabidopsis protein microarrays
and from Y2H work on MADS-box TFs from Detlef Weigel and colleagues from
2005).

The interactions in the AIV are also displayed beside heatmap expression
outputs of our Expression Browser and Expression Angler programs. If you
have any other Arabidopsis interactions that are missing from our AIV
database, send us your literature reference and we'll incorporate them!

Two, an electronic fluorescent pictograph (eFP) view of Arabidopsis protein
subcellular localizations as documented in A. Harvey Millar's SUBA database
is available with our "Cell eFP Browser", again at www.bar.utoronto.ca. This
tool, along with the Arabidopsis eFP Browser, is described in a recent PLoS
One publication at http://dx.plos.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0000718.

Best regards,

Nick
Nicholas Provart, PhD
Assistant Professor, Plant Bioinformatics
Director, Program in Genome Biology and Bioinformatics
Member, Centre for the Analysis of Genome Evolution and Function
Rm 3051, Dept. of Cell and Systems Biology, Uni. Toronto
25 Willcocks St., Toronto, ON. M5S 3B2. CANADA

Tel. (+1) (416) 978-7141, Fax. (+1) (416) 978-5878
URL. http://www.csb.utoronto.ca/faculty/provart/
Arabidopsis Tools. http://www.bar.utoronto.ca
email. nicholas.provart from utoronto.ca