[Arabidopsis] postdoc available; University of Georgia

Rodney Mauricio via arab-gen%40net.bio.net (by mauricio from uga.edu)
Mon Dec 3 17:23:44 EST 2007

UNIVERSITY OF GEORGIA
DEPARTMENT OF GENETICS

POSTDOCTORAL POSITION IN PLANT ECOLOGICAL GENETICS

A postdoctoral position is available in my lab to examine the genetic
basis of complex traits in plants. I am particularly interested in an
individual with skills in QTL mapping, specifically genetic marker
development in non-model species. The project is part of a larger
project on the ecological genetics of adaptation in plants.

I am interested in hiring someone with some background in
evolutionary or ecological genetics and with excellent bench skills.
The ideal candidate will be organized, pay close attention to detail,
and be able to work both independently and in collaboration with
others. Independent side projects on the part of the postdoc are
encouraged and will be supported intellectually and financially if
feasible. A Ph.D. is required

There is also an opportunity for this postdoc to gain independent
teaching experience (for extra pay) by teaching a small, 1-credit,
discussion section for our undergraduate evolutionary biology course
each semester.

The start date is flexible. The initial appointment is for one year,
with an additional two years' funding available conditional on
satisfactory performance.  The annual salary for this position will
be commensurate with experience, and includes benefits. The
University of Georgia is an Equal Opportunity Employer and I
encourage applications from candidates from groups underrepresented
in the life sciences.

Please send me an e-mail (mauricio from uga.edu) with the following
information:  a statement detailing your interest and qualifications
for the position, a CV, a statement of your research interests, and
the names and contact information for 3 people who could write on
your behalf. The position is available immediately and applications
will be reviewed until the position is filled.

The Mauricio lab is a part of the diverse and interactive UGA
Department of Genetics, for which more information can be found at
http://www.genetics.uga.edu/.

Rodney Mauricio
Department of Genetics
Davison Life Sciences Building
University of Georgia
Athens, GA  30602-7223
mauricio from uga.edu
http://www.genetics.uga.edu/mauriciolab

--

Rodney Mauricio, Ph.D.
Department of Genetics			Phone: (706) 542-1417

Lab Web Page: http://www.genetics.uga.edu/mauriciolab
PIRE Grant Web Page: http://www.genetics.uga.edu/pire
Evolution at UGA: http://www.genetics.uga.edu/evolution