[Arabidopsis] Opportunity for JSPS postdoctoral fellowship

Abidur Rahman via arab-gen%40net.bio.net (by abidur At iwate-u.ac.jp)
Wed Jan 3 23:15:27 EST 2007

Dear Moderator,

    I would appreciate if you please post the  following advertisement for JSPS fellowship.

    Thanks and best regards,

    Abidur

    We are looking for candidates interested to apply for JSPS postdoctoral fellowship awarded by Japan society for promotion of science. Candidates are sought for both standard and short term postdoctoral fellowships. Standard program is two year long and open to all. The short term one is available to citizens/permanent resident of USA, Canada and selected European countries. JSPS provides a good amount of tax free monthly maintenance allowance for both the programs along with air tickets, settling allowance and research support money.

    The primary research interest of my lab lies in plant hormone auxin and ethylene. It is a newly established lab in Cryobiosystem Research Center of Iwate University. The Center is well equipped with modern facilities and home of many warm hearted researchers. To know more about our research please visit our lab home page (http://news7a1.atm.iwate-u.ac.jp/~abidur/) and check our recent papers cited below. The possible candidates are expected to have a Ph.D. in molecular biology, plant molecular biology or a related field. Applicants should have experience in molecular biology, gene cloning and analysis of transgenic plants. Experience in transgene expression and signal transduction in plant systems will be an advantage but not absolutely necessary.

    If you are interested to apply please submit your curriculum vitae indicating publications, a brief statement of research experience, and names, emails and telephone numbers of three references by email.

Recent articles:

Rahman et al.,(2006) Plant Journal 47:788-801

Swarup et al., (2004) Plant Cell 16: 3069-3083

Oono et al., (2003) Plant Physiol. 133: 1135-1147

Rahman et al., (2002) Plant Physiol. 130: 1908-1917

Rahman et al., (2001) Plant Physiol. 125: 995-1000

Rahman et al., (2001) Plant Cell Physiol. 42:301-307

-----------------------------------
Abidur Rahman
Assistant Professor
Cryobiosystem Research Center