[Arabidopsis] TBP over expression

siddharth tiwari via arab-gen%40net.bio.net (by siddharthdna At yahoo.co.in)
Mon Jan 8 01:08:51 EST 2007

Dear all,
My group is doing study of TBP over expression in
different systems like Arabidopsis, Tobacco and
Peanut.  We are getting normal plant growth and
development in case of tobacco and Peanut while in the
case of Arabidopsis we are getting problems in T1
seeds germination and normal plant development. Is it
due to effect of TBP over expression or gene
integration pattern? However we are getting normal
transgenic plants of Tobacco and Peanut. Few previous
reports show abnormal development in Arabidopsis. I
wish to know logical answer of my queries.
Thanks

  SIDDHARTH TIWARI
C/o DR. RAKESH TULI (Director)
Center for Plant Molecular Biology &