[Arabidopsis] Re: AtCBF2 salk line mutant

Julio Salinas via arab-gen%40net.bio.net (by salinas At inia.es)
Tue Jan 9 12:35:05 EST 2007

Dear all,

This is to respond a message sent last week by Luoping Yan to the
Arabidopsis NewsGroup. In this message, Luoping Yan accused me of not
answering a question he asked me by email few months ago regarding a
T-DNA mutant line we identified in the CBF2 gene.

First, I want to say that it is my custom, and I am proud of it, to
them. Consequently, if I did not answer the question from Luoping Yan
it is simply because I NEVER RECEIVED THE EMAIL. In my experience,
when I have no reply to an email it is just because of punctual
problems with the computer systems of the institutions or because of
the safety filters used by the institutions to avoid junk mails. In
these cases, it is convenient to resend the email under a different
subject. It works 99% of the times!

Once stated that I never received a message from Luoping Yan, I want
to add that it will be my pleasure to answer any question regarding
our mutant line. Finally, just to point out that, as described in the
paper referred by Luoping Yan, we did not get the line from the stock
center but we identified it by PCR screening of different Arabidopsis
T-DNA insertion lines directly received from J. M. Alonso and J. R.
Ecker. Therefore, it can be that it has not been sequenced and is not
in the stock of mutant lines from the Salk.

Best regards and happy new year to everyone.

Julio Salinas

Julio Salinas
Dpto. Biotecnologia
INIA