[Arabidopsis] Job Posting

John Browse via arab-gen%40net.bio.net (by jab At wsu.edu)
Wed Jan 17 17:09:08 EST 2007

POSTDOCTORAL RESEARCH ASSOCIATES
John Browse, Institute of Biological Chemistry
Washington State University

Molecular-Genetics of Jasmonate Signaling
Metabolic Engineering of Oilseeds

I am looking for three well-trained, eager and imaginative scientists to
join two projects in my laboratory.  One project aims to engineer the
pathways of lipid synthesis in oilseeds to produce improved vegetable
oils.  The second is an investigation of core jasmonate signaling during
stamen and pollen development in Arabidopsis.

I am not looking for specific experience in any of these areas so much as
wanting to identify well-trained, highly-motivated, and enthusiastic
researchers who will make important and exciting discoveries in these
research areas.  Applicants should have experience in biochemistry,
genetics and/or molecular biology but prior work with plants is not
essential.  My laboratory of 15 graduate students and postdocs already has
projects on fatty acid and lipid synthesis, and on jasmonate
signaling.  You can find out more about my research program through
http://ibc.wsu.edu/research/browse/index.htm.  and PubMed.  The Institute
of Biological Chemistry at Washington State University is an excellent and
very supportive research environment (http://ibc.wsu.edu).

The positions will be available from March (but the start date is flexible)
for an initial period of one year.  Reappointment for up to three years is
expected.  Salary will be commensurate with experience.  Review of
applications will begin immediately, and continue until the positions are
filled.  Send curriculum vitae, a statement of research interests and
career goals, representative publications, and three letters of reference to:

John Browse. E-mail: jab At wsu.edu
Institute of Biological Chemistry, Washington State University, Pullman, WA
99164-6340, USA (EOE/AA/ADA.)
  Telephone 509-335-2293; fax 509-335-7643.

John Browse
Institute of Biological Chemistry
Washington State University
Pullman,  WA 99164-6340

ph. 509-335-2293;  FAX 509-335-7643;  email: jab At wsu.edu
lab  509-335-2337
FedEx Clark Hall Rm. 299