[Arabidopsis] Extensin / Extensin-like proteins

eifionlewis At hotmail.com via arab-gen%40net.bio.net (by eifionlewis At hotmail.com)
Thu Jan 18 07:43:00 EST 2007

I am currently beginning work on my research project which aims to
fully sequence and characterise an already partially sequenced extensin
gene in potato.

Through reading the literature, I am becoming increasingly confused as
to what distinguishes an extensin-like protein from an extensin. I
thought perhaps it may be that phylogenetic work has not been carried
out to find out if these proteins are related to extensins, but this is
only a guess, as i cannot find a true definition in the literature.

Can anyone PLEASE help me on this subject???

Thanks, Eifion