[Arabidopsis] Isolation of plastid protein

Jerry D. Cohen via arab-gen%40net.bio.net (by cohen047 At umn.edu)
Fri Jan 19 15:39:41 EST 2007

Take a look at this article and see if it helps:

Methods Mol Biol.
2007;355:43-8.<http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/utils/fref.fcgi?itool=AbstractPlus-def&PrId=3129&uid=17093301&db=PubMed&url=http://biomed.humanapress.com/ChapterDetail.pasp?medline=1-59745-227-0:43>
Click here to read

Isolation of chloroplast proteins from Arabidopsis thaliana for
proteome analysis.

<http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?db=pubmed&cmd=Search&itool=pubmed_AbstractPlus&term=%22van+Wijk+KJ%22%5BAuthor%5D>van
Wijk KJ,
<http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?db=pubmed&cmd=Search&itool=pubmed_AbstractPlus&term=%22Peltier+JB%22%5BAuthor%5D>Peltier
JB,
<http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?db=pubmed&cmd=Search&itool=pubmed_AbstractPlus&term=%22Giacomelli+L%22%5BAuthor%5D>Giacomelli
L.
Department of Plant Biology, Cornell University, Ithaca, New York, USA.

This chapter describes a simple protocol for large-scale chloroplast
purification for proteome analysis. The protocol has not been tested
for protein import activity but is optimized for chloroplast proteome
yield and purity and minimal protein degradation.

PMID: 17093301 [PubMed - in process]

At 01:05 PM 1/19/2007, Yu Xiaomin wrote:
>Dear all,
>   I am trying to isolate plastid proteins instead of total proteins from
>Arabidopsis but I do not have any clues. My thought is to identify the
>subcellular location of the expressed proteins. If you have any idea or
>protocols, please send it to me.
>   Thank you very much in advance for your helpful reply.
>
>Xiaomin Yu

Dr. Jerry D. Cohen, Professor, Bailey Endowed Chair
University of Minnesota
Department of Horticultural Science
and Microbial and Plant Genomics Institute
1970 Folwell Ave., 305 Alderman Hall
Saint Paul, MN 55108
Phone 612.624.9212; FAX 612.624.4941
Lab phone 612.624.1218
Email cohen047 At tc.umn.edu
Web:<http://hort.agri.umn.edu/faculty/cohen/index.html>http://hort.agri.umn.edu/faculty/cohen/index.html

"By three methods we may learn wisdom: First by reflection, which is
noblest; second by imitation, which is easiest; and third by
experience, which is the bitterest." - Confucius