[Arabidopsis] A question about studying plant gene subcellular localization by using eYFP

Chan Kam Ho via arab-gen%40net.bio.net (by h0204121 At gmail.com)
Mon Jan 29 11:21:02 EST 2007

Dear all,

I have tried to study the subcellular localization of my gene by fusing it
in frame with eYFP and also DsRed2. I have placed it under the control of
CaMV and I have sequenced the constructs and I am sure that the construct is
correct and there is no misake in the construct. I tried to overexpress the
construct in transgenic Arabidopsis and since my construct also contains
CaMV GUS I found that my transgenics are GUS positive but I can't see the
fluorescence of eYFP/ DsRed2. Is it possible that the fluorescent proteins
doesn't fold correctly when it is fused with my protein of interest and so I
can see the fluorescence? does anyone have similar experience to share? What
can I do now?

Thanks in advance
Kam Ho