[Arabidopsis] Re: A question about studying plant gene subcellular localization by using eYFP

John Runions via arab-gen%40net.bio.net (by jrunions At brookes.ac.uk)
Tue Jan 30 07:32:54 EST 2007

   Dear Kam and others,
   Oliver's suggestion to use transient expression techniques when
   evaluating fluorescent protein expression from your vectors is a good
   one.  As well as particle bombardment techniques, we use a
   transient-expression-in-tobacco-leaves trick that is much simpler and
   quicker than stably transforming arabidopsis.  This has just been
   published as Sparkes et al (2006) Nature Protocols 1: 2019-2025.  If
   you would like a pdf, let me know.
   Cheers, John.
   Oliver Berkowitz wrote:

Hi Kam,

had similar problems with my constructs (in pAVA vectors) changing to
another vector with a different linker between GFP and my cDNA worked. Also,
you might try transient expression by particle bombardment as you can
increase the amount of DNA you shoot and thus the expression of your
construct.

Cheers
Oliver

   --

   C. John Runions, Ph.D.

   web: [2]http://www.brookes.ac.uk/lifesci/runions/HTMLpages/index.html

   New - Oxford Brookes Master's in [3]Bioimaging with Molecular
   Technology