[Arabidopsis] Postdoctoral position at the GMI

Greb, Thomas via arab-gen%40net.bio.net (by thomas.greb from gmi.oeaw.ac.at)
Wed Jul 4 06:48:59 EST 2007

Postdoctoral position at the GMI

A two-year postdoctoral position (with the possibility of extension)
studying the epigenetic control of cell fate during vascular development

in Arabidopsis is available in the group of Dr. Thomas Greb at the
Gregor Mendel Institute (GMI), Vienna, Austria. The earliest start date

is September 2007.

Our recently established group uses vascular tissue development in
Arabidopsis
as an example for cell specification and tissue formation in higher
organisms.
We seek to understand the molecular mechanisms regulating the
establishment
and maintenance of specific gene expression profiles in the highly
diverse
repertoire of cell types within the vascular tissue. Our group is
located at
the newly founded GMI, which provides a stimulating research atmosphere
embedded
in the attractive scientific environment of the Vienna Biocenter. For
more
information about our group and the GMI, please consult:
http://www.gmi.oeaw.ac.at/en/research/research-groups/thomas-greb/
<http://www.gmi.oeaw.ac.at/en/research/research-groups/thomas-greb/> .

Successful applicants should be highly motivated, be capable of working
independently, be prepared to assume responsibilities for co-workers and
have
a relevant PhD. Experience in some or all of the following disciplines
is
desirable: plant development, genetics, molecular biology and/or
biochemistry.

Please send your application including a cover letter describing your
motivation,
CV and contact details of two referees by 1st August to Dr. Thomas Greb,

GMI - Gregor Mendel Institute of Molecular Plant Biology GmbH, Dr.
Bohr-Gasse 3,
1030 Vienna, Austria or by e-mail: thomas.greb from gmi.oeaw.ac.at. I will
also be
available to discuss the project at the IPGSA meeting in Mexico in July.