[Arabidopsis] PhD position in Epigenetics and Plant Reproductive Development

Daphné Autran via arab-gen%40net.bio.net (by daphne.autran from mpl.ird.fr)
Thu Jul 12 07:03:14 EST 2007

PhD position in Epigenetics and Plant Reproductive Development

A PhD fellowship is available in our team to participate in an ANR
funded project "Dynamics of chromatin structure and transcriptional
activity following fertilization in Arabidopsis".

This 3 years PhD project proposes to use a combination of cellular
and genetic approaches to address the changes that affect chromatin
structure as a result of fertilization, their effect on
transcriptional activity, and the mechanisms controlling theses
modifications.

Our young team, located in Montpellier (southern France),  focus on
parental contributions in seed development, with the long term goal
of understanding the mechanisms of apomixis. Our models are maize and
Arabidopsis (website : http://www.mpl.ird.fr/apomixis/index.html).

We belong to the "Plant Genome and Development Laboratory", UMR 5096,
(IRD, CNRS, University of Perpignan), which has a long history with
reproductive biology research and  recognized expertise on
transcriptional systems and epigenetic regulation.

The PhD candidate will be registered at the University of Montpellier
graduate school (http://www.adum.fr/as/ed/bsiae/index.php?
page=presentation), offering scientific training and short term
fellowships for international mobility.

The position requires a Master degree (or equivalent) in genetics,
molecular biology, cell biology, or biochemistry. Experience in
Arabidopsis work  is desirable but not required.  Students of all
nationalities are encouraged to apply. The working language in the
lab is english.

Starting date : dec 2007.

For further informations on the project and applications, please
contact :
Daniel.Grimanelli from mpl.ird.fr
Daphne.Autran from mpl.ird.fr