[Arabidopsis] RNA extraction from etiolated seedlings

Stefan Weinl via arab-gen%40net.bio.net (by Stefan.Weinl from online.de)
Tue Jul 17 04:05:45 EST 2007

We are in a process to built our own cDNA library and therefore we are
trying to isolate RNA from etiolated seedlings. Up to now we tried
column-based kits (Qiagen and Promega) and used TriFast solution to
isolate RNA but did not receive suitable RNA.
Now we would like to use a classical protocol using phenol and LiCl. We
would be very thankful for a protocol which works for etiolated
seedlings, or any suggestions regarding RNA extraction from etiolated
material.

Thank you in advance,

Stefan