[Arabidopsis] Overexpression of myc fusion in pHOST vector

Zhixiang Chen via arab-gen%40net.bio.net (by zhixiang from purdue.edu)
Wed Jul 18 13:45:20 EST 2007

Dear Colleagues,
We are interested in generating myc fusions of Arabidopsis ORFs in the plant
transformation vector pKYLX-myc9-lox9 through Cre recombination with SSP
gold standard ORFs in the pUNI51 vector.  The generated fusions are for
overexpression in transgenic plants.  However, it appears to us that after
in vitro recombination there is no poly(A) sequence immediately downstream
of the fusion gene; the myc fusion to be overexpressed is followed by the
pUNI51 plasmid sequence.  Are we right on this and, if so, how would the
overexpressed ORF transcripts terminated/polyadenylated in transgenic
plants?  Thanks for any suggestion!

Zhixiang Chen
Department of Botany & Plant Pathology
915 West State Street