[Arabidopsis] question on NLS sequence

bio ua via arab-gen%40net.bio.net (by jiangyqcn from hotmail.com)
Mon Jul 30 12:44:25 EST 2007

Hi, there,

I want to know the exact sequence of Nuclear localization signal of TFs. I
know, typically, this NLS consists of a few short sequences of positively
charged lysines or arginines. And I know how to predict the localization of
a protein using TargetP or Wolf PROST, etc. But I do not know how to
localize the NLS in my TFs. Is there a specific software for this end? Or
one have to look at the amino acid squence and guess NLS out by counting
continuous Arg and Lys residues?

Thanks for your input.

Jiang