[Arabidopsis] Chloroplast RNA

Byung-Hoon Kim via arab-gen%40net.bio.net (by bkim2 from utk.edu)
Mon Jul 30 13:50:42 EST 2007

Hi all,
I'm looking for the most simple and efficient way to label the chloroplast
RNA.
I think, 5' end-labeling of chloroplast RNA by polynucleotide kinase will be
straightforward. But I'm wondering about the 5' modification of chloroplast
RNA. Is it somehow modified? Or do they have just 5' phosphate that can be
easily dephosphorylated by alkaline phosphatase?
Any comment will be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Byung-hoon Kim