[Arabidopsis] Extraction of sillique RNA of Arabidopsis?

Ben Holt via arab-gen%40net.bio.net (by benholt from ou.edu)
Sun Jun 3 21:40:20 EST 2007

Attached is a protocol for the isolation of RNA from siliques that I got
in 2003 from Dr. Tamara Western (Assistant Prof. at McGill University I
believe). I saved it all these years because I knew I would need it
someday - well, I haven't needed it yet, but it sounds like others might!

Good Luck,
Ben Holt

Guan Yuefeng wrote:

> Hi everyone:
> I recently suffered problem with RNA extraction of silliques
> (including seeds)for RT-PCR.We have tried Trizol of Invitrogen and
> cold-phenol protocol but neither could get high quality RNA.Does
> anybody have protocol for RNA extraction of silliques?ANy suggestion
> will be appreciated.
>
> SIBS CAS
> Shanghai China
>                                        Guan Yuefeng