[Arabidopsis] [BAR News] Faster and better service at the BAR

Nicholas Provart via arab-gen%40net.bio.net (by nicholas.provart from utoronto.ca)
Fri Jun 8 15:33:26 EST 2007

Hello everyone,

The Botany Array Resource is now the Bio-Array Resource - the BAR, to
reflect the inclusion of a Mouse eFP Browser in our tools. We have also
moved to a speedy new webserver for faster service at the BAR! The URL has
also changed to a simpler one: http://www.BAR.utoronto.ca. Old URLs will
continue to work (e.g., dynamic links that contain bbc.botany.utoronto.ca in
their URIs, for those who have linked out to our tools).

A seed view based on many seed microarray experiments is now available in
our electronic Fluorescent Pictograph (eFP) Browser, with a new feature that
highlights in which TAGGIT category (Carrera et al. 2007) your seed gene is.

http://www.BAR.utoronto.ca/efp/cgi-bin/efpWeb.cgi?dataSource=Seed

A Cell eFP Browser tool is available for exploring predicted and documented
subcellular localizations of Arabidopsis genes from SUBA (Heazlewood et al.
2007).

http://www.BAR.utoronto.ca/cell_efp/cgi-bin/cell_efp.cgi

The Arabidopsis Interactions Viewer now has an eXpanda-generated graph
network output image, in addition to downloadable Cytoscape and Excel files.
We have also loaded almost 1500 literature-documented Arabidopsis
protein-protein interactions from BIND and other sources into the Viewer in
addition to almost 20000 predicted interactions generated by Drs Matt
Geisler and Jane Geisler-Lee at SIU.

http://www.BAR.utoronto.ca/interactions/

All tools have been upgraded to use TAIR7 annotations and sequences.

Webservices will be introduced shortly for the Arabidopsis eFP Browser and
other tools - thanks to Chris Town at JCVI for training in this regard.

Pick up a BAR brochure highlighting our tools for Arabidopsis functional
genomics at the 18th ICAR in Beijing!

Thanks to Hardeep Nahal, Ron Ammar, George Bassel, Justin Foong, Ryan
Austin, Pete St. Onge and Alex Dvornyak for assistance with implementing the
upgraded server and expanding our tool selection.

Best regards, and as always, feedback is welcome,

Nick
Nicholas Provart, PhD
Assistant Professor, Plant Bioinformatics
Director, Program in Genome Biology and Bioinformatics
Member, Centre for the Analysis of Genome Evolution and Function
Rm 3051, Dept. of Cell and Systems Biology, Uni. Toronto
25 Willcocks St., Toronto, ON. M5S 3B2. CANADA

Tel. (+1) (416) 978-7141, Fax. (+1) (416) 978-5878
URL. http://www.csb.utoronto.ca/faculty/provart/
Arabidopsis Tools. http://www.bar.utoronto.ca
email. nicholas.provart from utoronto.ca