[Arabidopsis] alcohol induction

Catherine A Konopka via arab-gen%40net.bio.net (by caschowe from wisc.edu)
Tue May 1 11:06:28 EST 2007

I have made an ethanol inducible miRNA construct for knock-down expression of my protein of interest to detect phenotypes in seedling growth.  Currently I'm growing the seedilngs vertically on hard agar and treating with 2% ethanol by pipetting onto the agar and roots twice a day.  I'm seing about 30-50% reduction at the protein level, but would like to increase that to around 100%.  However, I feel if i pipet any more liquid onto the plates, the seedlings will become water-logged.

Is anyone else doing ethanol induction in seedlngs?  If so I would love some suggestions on how you are inducing you protein or RNA of interest.

Thanks
Catherine Konopka
Bednarek Lab
University of WI - Madison