[Arabidopsis] 35S promoter and native promoter

xinyou gao via arab-gen%40net.bio.net (by gaoxinyou3 from yahoo.com)
Sat May 5 17:36:36 EST 2007

Dear all,
  I am working on A gene in Arabidopsis thaliana. The A gene mutated plant is much short than WT plants, then transformed the A gene into the plants with 2 constructs:
  Construct 1 = 35S promoter + A gene cDNA sequence,
  Construct 2 = A gene promoter + A gene genomic DNA sequence

  The phenotype was completely rescued by construct 2 transformation, but only partially rescued by construct 1 transformation.

  I think the 35S promometr can not make A gene protein in the right places or enough amount.

  Are they any other possibilities?
  Please email me the other possibilities if you think it may have!
  Thank you very much!
  Gao
  California, USA