[Arabidopsis] Root promoter analysis in leaf protoplasts

simonmi1 from post.tau.ac.il via arab-gen%40net.bio.net (by simonmi1 from post.tau.ac.il)
Tue May 8 03:19:28 EST 2007

Hello all,

I'm in the process of fusing a promoter to the GUS reporter, and stably
transforming the constructs to Arabidopsis plants. In the mean time I'd be
happy to check this fusions response to various conditions in a rapid,
transient assay, such as transformation to arabidopsis or tobacco protoplasts.
The thing is that there is high possibility that this promoter is activated
only in roots and flowers. I have good experience in producing and transforming
leaf mesophyl protoplasts and I wonder whether a root regulated promoter would
be activated in them. Since protoplasts are actually a cell suspension I wonder
whether they lost their tissue specific behavior or not.
I would very much appreciate any suggestions and advices.
Cheers,
Simon Michaeli