[Arabidopsis] TAP tags and ChIP

Robert Franks via arab-gen%40net.bio.net (by rgfranks from ncsu.edu)
Fri Oct 5 14:39:51 EST 2007

Dear All

We would like to use a TAP-tagged protein to carry out chromatin IP
(ChIP) and eventually ChIP/chip or ChIP/seq experiments in Arabidopsis.
  We are presently designing the tagged construct and would like advice
regarding your experiences with different TAP tags and the ability to
purify chromatin complexes with these different tags. A list of
antibodies/vendors that were successful would also be helpful.

We are likely to be pulling down complexes from inflorescence extracts,
but experiences with other tissues would also be valuable to us.

Please respond to:

rgfranks from ncsu.edu

Thank you for any help or advice that you can offer.

Bob Franks

Robert G. Franks, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor
Department of Genetics