[Arabidopsis] Tto and Tnt Retrotransposons-- Available?

Folta, Kevin M. via arab-gen%40net.bio.net (by kfolta from ufl.edu)
Wed Oct 17 14:06:53 EST 2007

Hi,

We've read all of the papers about Tnt and Tto1 being used as an agent
for mutagenesis in several crops, and are anxious to try this in other
species.

Unfortunately we have had zero luck obtaining these clones from the
laboratories that have published them.  Despite countless emails we
cannot procure these materials.

Today we ordered the primers to amplify and clone them from tobacco
ourselves, but I thought a note to the community might find some
success.

Thank you for your assistance, we appreciate any advice you might have.

Kevin Folta

Kevin M. Folta

Assistant Professor

Horticultural Sciences Department and

Plant Molecular and Cellular Biology Program

PO Box 110690, 1301 Fifield Hall

Gainesville FL 32611

phone:  352-392-1928 ext 269  office

                                        ext 270 lab