[Arabidopsis] Plant hormones in root development

Chun-Lin Shi via arab-gen%40net.bio.net (by clshi from kribb.re.kr)
Mon Sep 3 23:51:22 EST 2007

Dear plant researchers:

I did some bacteria treatment to Arabidopsis seedlings, it does work similar with that of auxin: promot plant growth at low concentration, induce lateral roots formation, inhibit plant and root growth. However, when I used DR5-GUS seedling, only a small effect of GUS staining was found after treatment; and positive control 1-NAA do give really strong GUS staining.

Thus, I wonder whether some other plant hormones may also work in the similar way as auxin during root development, or there is some kind of auxin-like compound which is not able to be detected by DR5-GUS report. Is there any publication about these ?

Thank you very much in advance for any information.

Best regards!
Sincerely yours,
Chunlin Shi

Laboratory of Microbial Genomics