[Arabidopsis] Genetics Position Bowdoin College

Bruce Kohorn via arab-gen%40net.bio.net (by bkohorn from bowdoin.edu)
Wed Sep 5 10:27:42 EST 2007

The Biology Department at Bowdoin College invites applications for a
tenure-track position in genetics at the Assistant Professor level
beginning Fall 2008.  We are seeking candidates with experience in
bioinformatics working at the molecular, organismal,  or population
level. Postdoctoral experience preferred.  Typical teaching
responsibilities each year are 3 courses including contribution to
the non-majors or introductory  curriculum,  and  laboratories (with
a lab instructor). The successful candidate is expected to pursue an
active research program that involves undergraduates.

Review of applications will begin October 15 and will continue until
the position is filled.  Please send a curriculum vitae and a
description of your research interests and teaching philosophy, and
arrange to have three letters of reference sent to:
Genetics Search Committee, Biology Department, 6500 College Station,
Bowdoin College, Brunswick, ME 04011-8465

Bowdoin is a highly selective liberal arts college on the Maine coast
with a diverse student body made up of 25% students of color, 4%
International students and approximately 15% first generation college
students.  Bowdoin College is committed to equality and diversity and
is an equal opportunity employer.  We encourage inquiries from
candidates who will enrich and contribute to the cultural,
socio-economic, and ethnic diversity of our college. Bowdoin College
does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, creed, color,
religion, marital status, gender, sexual orientation, veteran status,
national origin, or disability status in employment, or in our
education programs.

Bowdoin College offers strong support for faculty research and
teaching.  We recognize that recruiting and retaining faculty may
involve considerations of spouses and domestic partners.  To that
end, where possible, the College will attempt to accommodate and
respond creatively to the needs of spouses and partners of members of
the faculty. For further information about the college and the
department, see our website at http://academic.bowdoin.edu/biology/

--
Bruce D. Kohorn
Chair, Biology Department