[Arabidopsis] Clones requested for membrane protein interactome using split ubiquitin system

Wolf B. Frommer via arab-gen%40net.bio.net (by wfrommer from stanford.edu)
Wed Sep 12 19:27:10 EST 2007

Dear colleagues

As part of an Arabidopsis 2010 project (www.associomics.org) we plan
to determine the potential interactome of membrane proteins from
Arabidopsis using the split-ubiquitin system.

The set of genes we intend to look at comprises essentially all
integral membrane proteins (>5,000, except chloroplast and
mitochondrial proteins since we were afraid that they may be targeted
to mitochondria in yeast and thus not be accessible for the
interaction trap) and a large number (>1,000) of proteins predicted
to be involved in signaling or protein modification or which might
interact with the set of membrane proteins.

As you can imagine, its quite an undertaking to clone all these
genes, so are willing to add any gene that fits in either category
that might be of interest for you and which we have not cloned yet (a
status is available on our project website). Proteins localizing at
the outer membrane of the chloroplast and having a cytosolic C
terminus could also be included.

Any clone donation would therefore be welcome.

All we need is an ORF cloned into a Gateway vector, with ATG but
without stop codon at the end of the coding sequence.
Moreover, any information about the topology of your proteins would
be valuable, since the system will not work if the Cub-fusion is
inside an organelle, compartment or outside the cell.

We will move the clones via gateway into the suitable destination
vectors, carry out the analysis using robotic and make the data from
the subscreens available as fast as we can. We hope to have the first
set of data for 1000-2000 proteins in a binary matrix online before
summer 2008.

Thanks a lot

Wolf Frommer and Sylvie Lalonde
Wolf B. Frommer