[Arabidopsis] job add message

lauzim2 from ntu.edu.tw via arab-gen%40net.bio.net (by lauzim2 from ntu.edu.tw)
Wed Sep 19 08:20:52 EST 2007

Hi,

I would like to post this message.

Thanks!

Laurent Zimmerli

Two Postdoctoral Positions, National Taiwan University.

1) A three-year postdoctoral position is available in Laurent
Zimmerli?s lab at the National Taiwan University in Taipei. The
position is available immediately. We are interested in Arabidopsis
stress perception. The xenobiotic beta amino-butyric acid (BABA)
enhances Arabidopsis stress resistance by potentiating plant defense
mechanisms, a still poorly understood phenomenon called ?priming?. The
research will focus on the characterization of newly discovered genes
involved in BABA-priming. The candidate should have a good
understanding of plant stress and developmental biology. Candidates
with strong skills in Arabidopsis molecular genetics are preferred.
Proven ability to write scientific papers is desirable. Chinese
language skills are NOT required and international scientists are
encouraged to apply.

2) We are also looking for a candidate willing to apply for a two-year
postdoctoral position in Laurent Zimmerli?s lab through a grant
application. To maximize grant application success the candidate
should have published (or accepted for publication) at least one
article as first author in an international peer reviewed journal (IF
 > 4). The project involves the characterization of Arabidopsis
mutant(s) defective in nonhost resistance. Applicants must have
expertise in plant pathology and molecular genetics. The working
language in the lab is English, thus international scientists are
encouraged to apply.

The National Taiwan University is the most renowned university in
Taiwan and provides excellent conditions for research. This university
is located in Taipei, a vibrant and amazing city. Taiwan offers great
recreation opportunities such as mountain hiking, snorkeling and nice
beaches.

For further information please check out our website at
http://plantbio.lifescience.ntu.edu.tw/english/zimmerli.htm

Contact person:

Laurent Zimmerli
Assistant Professor