[Arabidopsis] Tenure track position at Macalester College (St. Paul, MN)

Paul Overvoorde via arab-gen%40net.bio.net (by overvoorde from macalester.edu)
Mon Sep 24 08:52:59 EST 2007

The *Biology Department* of Macalester College invites applications for
a tenure-track position in /*biochemistry */at the assistant professor
level to begin Fall 2008.

We seek applicants who are committed to excellence in teaching at the
undergraduate level and who are dedicated to developing an active
research program that engages students in research.   The successful
candidate will teach at all levels of the biology curriculum and will
offer courses cross-listed with Chemistry that support our biochemistry
concentration.  In addition, it is expected that the candidate will be
able to contribute more broadly to the College curriculum by offering
courses that support interdisciplinary programs such as Environmental
Studies, Cognitive and Neuroscience Studies, and/or our First Year
Seminar program.

The Biology Department is housed in a newly renovated/expanded science
building with state-of-the-art laboratory facilities and equipment.   We
offer competitive salary, benefits and start-up funds.  The most
qualified candidates will have postdoctoral and teaching experience.

To apply, send a letter of application, curriculum vitae, statement of
teaching philosophy and research plans, and 3 letters of reference to:
Dr. Lin Aanonsen (aanonsen from macalester.edu), Chair, Department of
Biology, Macalester College, St. Paul, MN 55105 by October 15, 2007.

Macalester College is a highly selective, private liberal arts college
in the vibrant Minneapolis-Saint Paul metropolitan area, with a
population of approximately three million people and home to numerous
colleges and universities, including the University of Minnesota.
Macalester's diverse student body comprises over 1800 undergraduates
from 50 states and the District of Columbia and over 90 countries. The
College is proud of its long-standing, mission-driven commitment to
outstanding academic excellence with a special emphasis on
internationalism, multiculturalism, and service to society. We are
especially interested in applicants dedicated to the pursuit of
excellence in both teaching and research/creative activity within a
liberal arts college community. As an Equal Opportunity employer
supportive of affirmative efforts to achieve diversity among its
faculty, Macalester College strongly encourages applications from women
and members of underrepresented minority groups.

For additional information about Macalester College and the  St.
Paul/Minneapolis area visit:
http://www.macalester.edu/biology/Twin_Cities-Mac_Facts.pdf