[Arabidopsis] postdoc-job ad

Ramanjulu Sunkar via arab-gen%40net.bio.net (by rsunkar from biochem.okstate.edu)
Fri Sep 28 12:25:57 EST 2007

Hi

> Can you please put up this ad on Arabidopsis news gropus
>

> Postdoctoral Fellow
> microRNA-guided gene regulation in plants and animals

> JOB DESCRIPTION:
> Regulation of gene expression at the transcriptional level plays a
> central role and determines developmental and physiological processes
> in eukaryotes.  The importance of posttranscriptional gene regulation
> has been only recognized recently with the discovery of microRNAs
> (miRNAs) and small-interfering RNAs (siRNAs).  These small RNAs are
> products of the Dicer family of enzymes. Research in my laboratory is
> directed to identify and understand the roles of endogenous small
> RNAs (microRNAs and small-interfering RNAs) in plant and animal
> development as well as in stress responses. A postdoctoral position
> is available for an individual interested in a project focused on
> miRNAs in plants and animals [Sunkar and Zhu, Plant Cell, 16,
> 2001-2019, 2004; Sunkar et al., Plant Cell 17, 1397-1411, 2005;
> Sunkar et al., Plant Cell 18, 2051-2065, 2006; Sunkar et al., Trends
> Plant Sci., 12, 301-309. 2007].  The successful candidate will work
> on identification and characterization of miRNAs and their target
> genes in Arabidopsis/rice and in animals. Experience in rice
> transformation and mapping mutants will be a plus. Applicants should
> have a PhD with a strong background in molecular biology and
> genetics. The successful candidate should possess good oral and
> written communication skills and the ability to work independently.
> This is a full-time, 11 month non-tenure track position. Initial
> appointment will be for one year but is renewable upon satisfactory
> progress and continued funding. Review of applications will begin on
> October 30th.
> To apply, send your CV and a list of contact details of three
> professional references to
> Dr. Ramanjulu Sunkar, Department of Biochemistry and Molecular
> Biology,
> 246 Noble Research Center, Oklahoma State University, Stillwater, OK
> 74078-3035.
> Email:  rsunkar from biochem.okstate.edu.

Thanks
Ramanjulu Sunkar
Assistant Professor
Dept. of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology
Oklahoma State University
Stillwater, OK, 74078
Tel: 405-744-8496
Fax: 405-744-7799
e-mail: rsunkar from biochem.okstate.edu