[Arabidopsis] Expression of a fusionprotein

Madlen Schiller via arab-gen%40net.bio.net (by Madlen.Schiller from mailbox.tu-dresden.de)
Fri Aug 15 06:10:00 EST 2008

Hello,

at the moment I try to verify a fusion protein in Arabidopsis. I have
cloned the gen by using Gateway cloning (Invitrogen). I know that the
DNA-sequence is right and integrated in the Arabidopsis genom. But
unfortunately I get not transkripts (no RNA or Protein) in the
T1-generation.
Does anyone has/had also trouble with the expression of fusion
proteins. I read that it is possible that the transcript will be done
in further generations? Or is it possible the the Gateway cloning
system decreased the expression?

Thanks a lot,
Madlen