[Arabidopsis] Postdoc Position in Molecular Cell Biology

Andreas Nebenfuehr via arab-gen%40net.bio.net (by nebenfuehr from utk.edu)
Thu Aug 21 14:03:52 EST 2008

Postdoctoral Position in Molecular Cell Biology

A NSF-funded postdoctoral position is available immediately to
investigate protein-protein interactions involved in motor attachment
to organelles in plant cells. The successful candidate will employ
both affinity purification of protein complexes and yeast two-hybrid
screens to identify proteins interacting with myosin motor proteins.
Prior experience with these techniques is a plus but not required.
This project is part of a larger effort to elucidate the molecular
mechanisms underlying organelle movements and cytoplasmic streaming
in plant cells. More information on our research can be found on our
lab web site at http://www.bio.utk.edu/cellbiol .
A Ph.D. in molecular biology, biochemistry, cell biology, or a
related discipline is required. Expertise in plant molecular biology,
biochemistry, and protein purification is highly desirable.

Please submit a letter of interest, curriculum vitae and names of
three references to

Dr. Andreas Nebenführ
University of Tennessee
Department of Biochemistry, Cellular and Molecular Biology
Knoxville, TN 37996-0840
USA

or contact Dr. Nebenführ by email (nebenfuehr from utk.edu).