[Arabidopsis] RE:Searching the Whole Arabidopsis Genome for a Motif

Siobhan A. Braybrook via arab-gen%40net.bio.net (by sabraybrook from ucdavis.edu)
Fri Jan 4 22:54:45 EST 2008

Dear All,

A while back I posted the following question:

"I am trying to search the whole Arabidopsis genome for a short DNA
sequence, to obtain the genomic co-coordinates for every instance.
I want to search everything, regardless of classification as gene,
intergenic, upstream, etc.
And I would like to get back Chromomsonal nucleotide positions, not
positions relative to an AGI locus number."

So, in response to myself and FYI for anyone out there- THERE WAS NO EASY
WAY TO DO THIS.

I have written a little perl script to do it.
If you have use for it, feel free to contact me.

Siobhan Braybrook

S. A. Braybrook
Graduate Student, Harada Lab
Section of Plant Biology
University of California,  Davis
Davis, CA 95616
Ph 530.752.6980

The time is always right, to do what is right.
- Martin Luther King, Jr.