[Arabidopsis] Gus staining

Kulbir Singh via arab-gen%40net.bio.net (by kulbir18 from gmail.com)
Fri Jun 20 14:06:27 EST 2008

Hello everybody,
I have a problem in Gus staining. The problem is that the gene i am
interested in, is expressed at low levels. So i dont see gus staining in the
tissue where i expect to see it until i have a line with multiple copies of
*Gene promoter:Gene:GUS* fusion construct. I have screened around 110 T2
lines to find around 7-8 homozygous lines in T3 generation with single locus
insertion. But none of them expresses gene at a level to see the Gus
staining in tissue i expect. Can anyone who had this problem suggest me what
i can do in my situation. I am trying to screen more T2 lines by
tranforming some plants again. But this will take few months to reach the T3
generation.
 Thanks,
 --
Kulbir Singh