[Arabidopsis] Post Doctoral Position

Eugenia Russinova via arab-gen%40net.bio.net (by eurus from psb.ugent.be)
Mon Jun 23 01:22:36 EST 2008

Dear colleagues,
Could you please post our ad on your mailing list (see the text below)?

With kind regards,
Jenny Russinova

CropDesign NV, located in Gent, Belgium is one of the worldwide leading
, inoovative biotech companies, focusing on the improvement of crops.
CropDesign has developed the high throughput phenotyping platform called
TraitMill TM. This TraitMill platform is used to unravel the function of
thousands of genes involved in yield and yield stability signalling
pathways. CropDesign is a subsidiary of BASF Plant Science.  Together
with 6 other competitive research centres across the world, we form the
global research platform of BASF Plant Science with the common goal to
develop new improved products.
Within the framework of the FP7 BRAVISSIMO project, coordinated by the
Flemish Intstitute of Biotechnology (VIB, Gent, Belgium), CropDesign is
looking for a young not graduated PhD student with a european
non-belgian citizenship and with less that 4 years experience in Biology
research.

This BRAVISSIMO project is to discover new pathways involved in
brassinosteroids in plants. The work to be done is directed towards crop
improvement, mostly rice but with applications in other cereals and
other crops such as corn and soybean. The student we are looking for
should be very motivated, able to work in a group and in a company
environment.  Ideally the candidate would defend his/her PhD around
December 2008.

Please send curiculum vitae and letter of interest to Anja Beeckmans,
anja.beeckmans from basf.com

Jenny Russinova, PhD
Tel:+32 (0)9 331 39 31                        fax:+32 (0)9 3313809
VIB Department of Plant Systems Biology, Ghent University
Technologiepark 927, 9052 Gent, BELGIUM
eurus from psb.ugent.be                         http://www.psb.ugent.be