[Arabidopsis] Arabidopsis Follow up: Rubisco

Nate Waldron via arab-gen%40net.bio.net (by nate.waldron from ocrp.org)
Wed Jun 25 10:18:29 EST 2008

Hello, I found your posting about removing rubisco from plant extracts using
PEI and I was wondering if it would be possible to get the protocols you
used to develop the stock solution of PEI and the actual extraction
protocol. I have been having a very similar problem with a protein I've been
trying to extract/purify. My protein will only come out in alkaline pH's
with fairly high salt concentrations, which, as you know, also extracts a
whole lot of RubisCo. My protein is also very similar in size to Rubisco as
well which has made it harder to purify. Anyway, if you wouldn't mind
emailing a copy of the protocols I would really appreciate it. Thanks much.
-Nate Waldron