[Arabidopsis] GAL4 DBD Antibody

Cory Ellison via arab-gen%40net.bio.net (by ctellison from ucdavis.edu)
Wed Mar 12 13:47:19 EST 2008

Hi Everyone,

Does anyone have any experience with the Santa Cruz Biotech monoclonal GAL4
DNA Binding Domain antibody? I've been trying to use this in my Westerns
against recombinant protein in yeast and have been unsuccessful. I have
been extracting total crude protein from 5 mL yeast cultures at OD600 1.0
and still can't see anything on my Westerns.  Is there a special protocol
for this antibody? Is it just not very good/stable?