[Arabidopsis] How to kill the thrip on Arabidopsis seeds

Josh Mylne via arab-gen%40net.bio.net (by j.mylne from imb.uq.edu.au)
Wed Mar 26 20:02:56 EST 2008

Hi Xi,

The thrips can actually lays eggs that end up INSIDE the seeds. I have sown
sterilized seeds from infested plants on plates and the thrips came out of
the seeds when they germinated. To clear the infestation, in combination
with spraying the room I'd recommend sowing on plates and only pricking
plants that have no thrips.

Josh

----
Office: +61 7 3346 2021
E-mail: j.mylne from imb.uq.edu.au

-----Original Message-----
From: arab-gen-bounces from oat.bio.indiana.edu
[mailto:arab-gen-bounces from oat.bio.indiana.edu] On Behalf Of Xi Chen
Sent: Wednesday, 26 March 2008 4:50 AM
To: arab-gen from magpie.bio.indiana.edu
Subject: [Arabidopsis] How to kill the thrip on Arabidopsis seeds

Hello the members of this e-mail group,

When I grew the Arabidopsis, the plants were affected by thrip. Now I guess
the seed may have the eggs of thrip. So do you guys have any good idea for
killing the eggs of thrip on Arabidopsis seed? Thanks so much!

Best,

Xi